Are you a fan of Reese’s peanut butter cups? If you are then you’ll definitely love these homemade peanut butter cups or fruit cups. They are just so so yummy!! It takes just less than 30mins to make. You will be amazed at how fast and FUN to make them yourself or with your kids.
Reese’s Peanut Butter cups can be a little tooo sweet for my liking because of the milk chocolate coating. I decided to use 75% dark chocolate for the chocolate cups. You can use a higher cocoa content if you desire a less sweet treat. The best thing about making your own chocolate cups is that you can fill them up with whatever you have on hand or love.
I filled a couple of them with my fav peanut butter filling – I use Mayvers ( an Australian brand) crunchy peanut butter. I also like Pics and Traders Joe but it’s pretty rare to find them here in Singapore. I made 2 other – one with an apple compote and the other with Raspberry jam. I use Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves filling- it’s seriously the best jam spread!!! It has raspberry seeds which you can bite into. You can also opt for making your own puree/ jam/ compote for the fillings but sometimes when you’re hard on time, store bought stuff seems pretty darn attractive
So here’s how easy it is to make your own Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups. You’ll need cupcake liners. I have 2 different sizes here. Mini and Medium.
2) Melt Dark Chocolate
3) Pour 1 tbsp (small liners) or 2 tbsps ( into medium liner) of melted chocolate into the liners and swirl to coat base and sides. I use the back of a spoon to help me.
4) Refrigerate Chocolate to set for 15mins. Then pour desired filling into the chocolate cup
5) Pour remaining melted chocolate on top of filling and smooth the top and re-set the cups in the fridge.
I was abit skeptical about how nicely these cups will turn out, but it REALLY does form a nice shape!! Feel free to pour more chocolate over the top! 🙂
Homemade Dark Chocolate Cups ( Makes around 6 cups)
– 300g 75% Dark chocolate chips
– Peanut Butter ( Or almond/cashew/pistachio butter)
– Fruit filling ( I use apple and raspberry)
– Cupcake liners ( to set the chocolate cups in)
1) Melt chocolate in microwave
2) Pour around 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into the cupcake liner and swirl to coat the entire cupcake liner until the base and sides are coated. I use the back of a spoon to help me coat
3) Set in fridge for chocolate to harden ( say around 15 mins).
4) Pour desired fruit filling or Nut butter spread into the liner until ¾ full.
5) Cover the filling with remaining chocolate and set in the fridge until chocolate has harden.
6) When chocolate has harden, peel the liner off the sides of the chocolate cups and enjoy!!!
7) For a healthier option, you can always use darker chocolate or homemade fruit compotes.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂