AVOCADOS! Love love love. As you can see, the family is still pretty crazy over Avocados.
One day over dinner, me and my Dad were eating our usual mashed avocado with gula melaka syrup and then out came a terrific idea. Dad suggested that I should make some Avocado tarts! What a brilliant idea because they turned out fantastic!
With all the cheese tart craze in Singapore, let me be a little thick skin and say that I think this Avocado tart taste way better wahhhaaa.. PLUS it’s healthy and contains one of the superfood.
Avocado Mousse Tartlet with Gula Melaka Sauce ( Makes 10 mini tarts)
Ingredients for Tart Shell:
41g Unsalted Butter, cold and cube
25g icing sugar, sifted
17g ground almonds
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp vanilla paste
1/3 egg, RT
80g plain flour
1) In a food processor, pulse flour, almonds, icing sugar and salt a few times to mix
2) Add cold butter and pulse till mixture just mix ( Do not over pulse)
3) Add egg and vanilla paste and pulse few more times until mixture just comes together
4) Place dough onto a cling film and flatten to a disc.
5) Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
6) Grease tartlet shells with non stick spray or butter
7) Roll out dough to about 5mm in thickness and use a round cutter to cut out the dough.
8) Place the cut out dough into the tartlets and press in to form the dough nicely.
9) Repeat Steps 6-8 with the other 10 tarts and place all the tart shells back to fridge to set another 30 minutes.
10) Preheat oven to 180deg C when ready to bake tarts.
11) Press some aluminium foil onto the surface of the tart shell and fill with pie weights
12) Bake tarts for 15 min until shells are golden brown. Remove aluminium foil and pie weights and bake for another 5mins.
13) Cool tarts completely before filling
Ingredients for Avocado Mousse:
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
2 small limes
1) Scoop out the flesh of one avocado.
2) In a food processor, blend avocado, milk and juice of 2 lime
3) In another bowl, whip cream with icing sugar until soft peaks
4) Fold cream into blended avocado. ( At this point, you can pour them into shot glasses and enjoy them as mousse) OR fill them into tarts.
Assembling the Tartlets
1) Place Avocado Mousse in a piping back
2) Pipe mousse to fill half the tart.
3) Drizzle some Gula Melaka Syrup on the mousse
4) Fill the tart till the top with more Avocado mousse.
5) Drizzle with more gula melaka.
6) Enjoy fresh ( Avocado will be more oozy) Or place in refrigerator to set and Enjoy.
I was tooo greedy to wait for the mousse to set so I just had a teennyyy tart when I assembled everything. OMG HEAVENLY
ENJOY and Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @sherbakes should you attempt to try out the recipes.
A more visual video is posted below. Enjoy!!
Pin it and share the love 🙂
Hi can I chk with u after filling in the avocado mousse in the tart shell, do we need to put in the oven to bake again or just chille in the fridge
Hi Jennifer,You can just chill it. It will harden a little in the fridge 🙂