Just not too long ago, I shared my attempt at baking a cranberry orange bread. I used half of the total amount of fresh cranberries I had and left half for other purposes. Now I’m going to share what I did with these incredible sour babies which I first loath but slowly starting to take a liking for.
I baked Fresh Cranberry Orange Cookies! Imagine the burst of flavor as you bite into the cookie. I can imagine how the cookie would taste even before baking it. After baking it, I confirmed that I loved it more.
Getting ready to soak in the season of Christmas??!! Make some of these.
Cranberry Orange Cookies ( Recipe adapted from MybakingAddiction, Thanks Jamie for sharing :)) )
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
227g unsalted butter, RT
1 cup granulated sugar ( I reduced to 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
orange zest from 1 orange
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, cut into small pieces
1) Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
2) Cream butter on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes.
3) Combine sugars and orange zest and mix until incorporated.
4) Add the sugar mixture to the butter and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes till light and fluffy
5) Beat in the egg, vanilla and orange juice and mix until combined.
6) Add the dry ingredients mixing well after each addition.
7) Fold in cranberries
8 ) Cover and refrigerate batter for at least 1 hour.
9) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
10) Drop dough onto lined cookie sheets
11) Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 3 mins before removing from cookie sheets.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures