I gotta admit fish was my favourite “meat” while growing up. Given a choice of protein ( Beef, Pork, Chicken, Lamb etc), my first choice will always be fish. The Good Old Humble fish that can be enjoyed several ways- Steam, Fried, Baked, Grilled.
Mummy used to prepare them almost every single day ( Actually she still is). Thus, its daily appearance is nothing to be surprise about. I’ve had a couple of fishes ( or salmon to be exact) that were overcooked thus resulting them being tough and dry. You know what I mean right.
Sometimes that rock do appear appetising but once you take a bite of its flesh, you just wanna throw it away. I decided to utilize my handy sous vide to make the salmon. I’ve read a couple of reviews on what temperature to set the machine in order to get that buttery, slippery soft flesh.
I had it sous vide at 110F for a good 45mins. Took it out of the ziplock and then gave it a quick sear on both sides in a hot pan drizzled with a little olive oil.
Verdict: the skin was crispy due to the sear but the inside of the fish was buttery, smooth and perfectly cooked! Accompanied the fish with Superlifeco’s mushroom quinoa and some vegs.
Sous Vide Salmon (2 Pax)
2 piece salmon ( Around 200g per)
2 Sprig Thyme / lemon slices etc
2 tbsp Olive oil
1) Season salmon generously with salt and pepper on both sides and place in ziplock bag
2) Add oil and leave to marinade in refrigerator for at least an hour.
3) Set temperature on sous vide machine to 110F
4) Cook each salmon for about 30-45 mins.
5) Preheat frying pan with 1 tbsp oil until smoking
6) Quickly sear salmon skin side down for 20-30 secs until crispy
7) Flip salmon over carefully and sear for 15 secs
8) Remove from pan and serve hot
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂