Muah Chee is a common street food sold in night markets (aka Pasar Malam) or even those pop up stalls during carnivals/events. It’s also my childhood favourite snack.
It’s made from glutinous rice flour coated in a sweet peanut mixture.
For those of you who never attempted making your own Muah Chee, it is actually very very easy to do. I never knew the homemade version could taste as good as what you get at the night markets until one day my sister made some for us.
Don’t think you can really go wrong with it. My sister forgot to add oil and she only discovered it at the end but she added it anyway… I was abit skeptical but yup it tasted greattt sooo yup here’s the recipe!
Homemade Muah Chee- Serves 4 ( Adapted from themeatman)
135g glutinous rice
2 tbsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp oil
100g ground roasted peanuts mixed with 80g sugar
1) Mix together ground roasted peanut with fine sugar in a dish and set aside.
2) Whisk together 135g glutinous rice, 2 tbsp tapioca flour, 220ml water and 2 tbsp oil in a microwave safe casserole.
3) Microwave for 2 minutes. Knead mixture evenly using a rubber spatula.
4) Return to microwave to cook for a further 1 minute. Knead until it well mixed
5) Cut into small bite sizes with a pair of scissors, coating each piece thoroughly with the peanut mixture.
6) Enjoy! I love to eat it right after it has been made when it is still soft and warm. Mhhmmmmm
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂