Holy Waffles. Is anyone a sucker for Prima Deli Waffles or those waffles sold at old traditional cake shops? I’m pretty sure they added in something ( Hmmmm…, just kidding) to get us all hooked on it.
The smell oh the smell of Pandan diffusing through the air. It triggers my happy hormones and makes me do a happy dance.
So here back at the kitchen, we did Pandan Coconut waffles. We made enough for breakfast the next day. Smoother some crunchy peanut butter, honey and butter or kaya spread on top and enjoy it warm! It goes really well with melted gula melaka as well!!
This recipe is adapted from Zoe. It’s nice and crisp when you just make it and chewy the next day. If you like a chewy waffles, you’ll definitely like this one. Personally, this satisfies my “Prima Deli” cravings.
Pandan Waffles ( Makes 3 round ones)
125g all purpose flour
50g castor sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp green pandan paste
200ml coconut milk ( I use the fresh ones in the fridge section of the supermarket)
60g unsalted butter, melted and cooled for abit
1) Combine flour, castor sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2) Using a whisk, mix eggs, pandan paste, coconut milk and melted butter in another bowl.
3) Sift flour mixture into egg mixture and mix until just combined and batter is smooth. Do not overmix.
4) Preheat waffle machine.
5) Grease waffle machine with non stick cooking spray.
6) Using a ladle, scoop waffle batter ( just enough to fill the gaps). Cook until both sides are lightly golden brown
7) Let cool slightly before eating!!
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂