After making the black sesame Muah Chee a few weeks ago, I was left with almost 500g of roasted black sesame seeds. ( You might wanna try my Black Sesame Muah Chee out if you missed my post on it)- SO GOOD I tell you. Recipe link over here –> Home made Muah Chee ( Just replace ground peanuts with black sesame powder)
I’m pretty sure there are lot of recipes out there that use these seeds. Maybe less common than recipes that use onions, garlic, herbs etc.. so I was certain I could make something yummy outta it.
So I thought and I thought and the only thing that crossed my mind was black sesame paste or black sesame ice cream. Nah. Nope. Next Time.
And then suddenly, I saw Vic’s post on these black sesame brownies. They look so tempting and inviting. Plus, the Ingredients were basic pantry staples. It was a perfect idea to use up just a little more of the roasted black sesame seeds. Yay!
Black Sesame Brownies – Makes 6″ Square Baking Tin
75g unsalted butter, melted
50g roasted black sesame powder
60g castor sugar
50g cake flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp poppyseeds (Optional- for a little crunch)
1) Preheat oven to 160 Deg C.
2) Mix melted butter, roasted sesame seeds, sugar and add to pan. Fry until fragrant. Set aside to cool for abit
3) Add egg into the butter mixture and mix until combined
4) Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
5) Pour mixture into a 6″ Square baking tin ( Lined with baking paper at the bottom).
6) Bake for 20-25 min until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean
7) Enjoy with your favourite spread (cookie butter, peanut butter, almond butter, hazelnut butter whatever you want!!!) drizzled on top or plain.
* Cake is super fragrant and moist.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂