It’s hard to find a cake that I truly dislike. Or put it simply- it’s hard to decide on a favorite! There are so many nice cakes out there that picking top 5 is practically impossible.
Carrot cake is one of my all-time favourite. Though not 1st on my list but it made it to my top 10. This recipe I’m sharing is moist with every bite. The inclusion of pineapples, carrots and oil makes the cake extremely moist even after a few days. Couple that with a little tangy cream cheese to make the perfect tea time snack or breakfast.
Feel free to cut back on the cinnamon if you’re not a fan but for mine, I usually spam them.
Moist Carrot Cake (Makes a cute 5″ round tin for small parties)
-2/3 cup castor sugar
– 1/3 cup + 1/8 cup oil
– 1 egg, RT
– 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– 2/3 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/8 tsp nutmeg
-2/3 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
-50g grated carrots
– 1/4 cup canned or fresh pineapple , diced and squeezed dry
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
150g Phil cream cheese, cubed and softened at RT
75g unsalted butter, rt
1 tsp vanilla Essence
2/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
1/8 cup milk
1) Beat above ingredients until fluffy and well combined
1) Preheat the oven to 175 deg celcius
2) Prepare two 5″ round baking tins
3) Beat castor sugar, oil, vanilla and egg Using a hand mixer until it is light and fluffy
4) In a separate bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside
5) Add flour to sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
6) Fold in walnuts, carrots and pineapple.
7) Pour into two tins equally and bake for 25-40mins until toothpick comes out clean. ( timing differs from oven to oven so I suggest you check at the 25 min mark to prevent risk of over baking)
8) Allow to cool completely
9) Slice away any uneven dome on the cake
10) Frost cream cheese on one layer of cake. Place second layer of cake on top and frost the top and around the sides of the whole cake.
11) Leave to set in fridge and enjoy after 2-3 hours!
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂