MAC and cheese fans! Here’s one Super easy to whip up MAC and cheese. All the ingredients are cooked over a skillet and then the whole skillet is baked in the oven until the cheese turns golden brown! It’s really that simple!
It was one of the tasty food videos I saw being shared around Facebook that tempted me to try this. Plus I had a bunch of family members and friends requesting me to make this for them so here it is!
MAC and Cheese (adapted from tastemade)
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
7 bacon slices (I used this as a substitute for sausage. The original recipe calls for 1/2lb of breakfast sausage)
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups milk
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 cup / 120g grated mozzarella
1cup / 120g grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups frozen hash browns
Extra cheese for topping
1) Preheat oven to 190 deg celcius
2) Fry bacon in skillet until crispy. Remove and set aside
3) In the same skillet, melt butter and stir in flour until smooth. Stir in milk and continue to stir until thick and smooth
4) Lower heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese has melted.
5) Season with salt and pepper
6) Add in cooked macaroni and bacon. Stir to combine. TOP with frozen hash brown and spinkle more cheese on top. At this point, you can either bake the skillet or transfer the mac and cheese to an oven dish to bake ( I didn’t have a skillet big enough which explains the need to transfer).
7) Bake in oven for 20-25 min until cheese and hash brown has turned golden brown.
8) Serve hot! Whooooooo.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂