Happy Valentine’s Day to all you love birds out there. Making something for your love one is always a sweet gesture and such sincere actions are always well appreciated. Just a little less than 2 months to the day #SherbakesWeds. It has been an exciting journey with my childhood sweetheart- 14 years of friendship and 13 Valentine’s Dates. This Valentine Day marks the thirteen year we celebrated this Special Occasion together. “Wow, that is really long” , “Seriously” , “ Get Married already” are what people frequently say to us when I told them about our story. I have only one reply to that… It is just this amazing.
Though this occasion is celebrated worldwide, everyday is Valentines Day if you marry the right person who most importantly loves God. We celebrated V day earlier this year with a home cooked meal by yours truly of course. Simple meal this time round and nothing too extravagant. It consisted of his favorite “pizza” lasagna tater tots and some Moscato.
This Potato dish is a play on all the different things he loves. I use Pom Pom Classic (Wattie’s for my potato base)
We have the base which is a potato baked till crispy. Arrange pom poms in an oven dish. Bake for 15 min till crispy.
1) Mash Potato balls
2) Sprinkle some dutch smoked cheese/ mozzarella cheese or whatever cheese you fancy
3) Add pasta minced beef sauce
4) Sprinkle with more cheese and lastly top with pepperoni or your favourite ingredients ( Sausage/ mushrooms etc..)
All these are baked till sizzling hot and served immediately when removed from oven
BAKED PEPPERONI CHEESY POTATO “PIZZA”
1/4 bag of Poms Poms, frozen ( I use wattie’s because i couldn’t find tater tots )
1/2 jar of your favourite pizza/pasta sauce
100g ground beef
50g Shredded mozzarella cheese
30g dutch smoked cheese ( Or you can use cheddar)
Mini pepperoni/ salami ( Or any ingredients you fancy on your pizza)
1) Preheat oven to 200 deg Celsius.
2) Fill an Baking Oven Dish ( I use Jamie Oliver’s 15cm by 11cm by 4cm) entirely with poms poms.
3) Bake for 15 mins.
4) While the potato is baking, prepare the Pasta Beef Sauce: Over medium heat, add a tbsp of olive oil and stir fry the ground beef till cook. Add in pasta sauce and let simmer until hot. Set aside
5) Remove dish from oven and using a spoon press the potato balls down until they form a solid crust.
6) Reduce the oven temperature to 190 deg Celsius.
7) Spread some cheddar cheese/ smoked cheese/ mozzarella cheese over the potato layer, cover with pasta beef sauce. Sprinkle with more cheese then pizza sauce and finally arrange the pepperoni slices over the top.
8) Return oven dish back to oven to bake for another 20-25 mins until the top is sizzling and golden brown.
9) Serve hot.
Viola. You have your very own pizza made our of potato crust instead of dough.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂