Tiramisu- you make me fall in love with you everytime.
There’s something about this dessert that makes me want to eat and eat and eat it again. I guess it’s the richness of the cheese accompanied by the smooth-feel of the cheese with whipping cream and the Kahlua soaked ladyfingers that make each spoonful so delightful.
When the alcohol hits you, its like bang! But I guess this is all balanced out by the cheese and sponge. So yummy!
Made this for a gathering under the constraint of time. At least I brought something 🙂 This recipe is rather rich due to the marscarpone cheese added. A little cream was whipped and folded into the cheese to lighten the cheese layer. Fat on Fat – I know it doesnt sound quite appetising upon mentioning that but all worries aside the moment you take a spoonful of that gorgeous dessert. You’ll know what I mean when you attempt something as delicious as this. Scales do not worry you!
Ingredients ( Recipe adapted from Epicurious) – I made half this recipe
2 cups boiling-hot water
3 tablespoons instant-espresso powder
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
3 tablespoons kahlua
4 large egg yolks
1/3 cup kahlua
1 pound mascarpone (2 1/2 cups)
1 cup chilled heavy cream
36 savoiardi (crisp Italian ladyfingers; from two 7-ounce packages)
Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
1) Stir together water, espresso powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and kuala in a shallow bowl until sugar has dissolved, then cool.
2) Beat egg yolks, Kahlua, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water using a whisk or handheld electric mixer until tripled in volume, 5 to 8 minutes.
3) Remove bowl from heat. Beat in mascarpone until just combined.
4) Beat cream in a large bowl until it holds stiff peaks.
5) Fold mascarpone mixture into whipped cream gently but thoroughly.
6) Dipping both sides of each ladyfinger into coffee mixture, line bottom of a 13- by 9- by 3-inch baking pan with 18 ladyfingers in 3 rows, trimming edges to fit if necessary. Spread half of mascarpone filling on top. Dip remaining 18 ladyfingers in coffee and arrange over filling in pan.Spread remaining mascarpone filling on top and dust with cocoa. Chill, covered, at least 6 hours.
7) Let tiramisu stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving, then dust with more cocoa.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂