Time to usher in the New Year with some Jello shots. I meant the kid friendly version ( without the booze). Attractive Jelly and fruits prepared in heart shape cups adds life to your dinner table.
It’s one of the easiest things to prepare for dessert if you’re in a hurry and can be made way in advance. That way you don’t have to worry about dessert while preparing your New Year meal. I know how crazy things can go in a kitchen when you’re the one preparing everything. Trust me, don’t eat more than you can chew and don’t stress yourself over preparing too many things at once.
Ultimately have fun and enjoy the last 3 days of 2016 before welcoming a brand New Year! Yay
Rainbow Jelly with Cocktail Fruits ( Makes about 11 heart shape cups)
– 1 packet White Agar Agar Powder ( I use Swallow Brand) / Alternatively you can use any Jello Powder or Konnyaku Jelly Powder
– 1 litre of water
– 130g of castor sugar ( original recipe calls for 250g which I think is too much)
– Edible Food Gel ( I use Wilton Brand)
– Fruits ( Optional)
1) Dissolve Powder and sugar in water
2) Bring to boil over low heat
3) Place some cocktail fruits or fresh cut up fruits into the heart shape moulds
4) Divide Jelly mixture into 4-6 different bowls (Depends on how many colors you want) and add coloring to each and stir well
5) Pour jelly mixture and refrigerate until jelly is firm and set
* Jelly can be made way in advance
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations 🙂