We know that spinach quiches are healthy enough but why not make them a little more healthy by omitting the buttery crust.
Do you know that eating spinach is beneficial to your body in so many ways? Besides the common knowledge that it’s rich in vitamins, dietary fibre, potassium etc, it has does your body way more good than we have ever imagine. I’ve got to thank Helen for the comprehensive list of science backed research on spinach. It is reallyyyy extensive. You can learn more in one sitting just by reading her article on the 34 science backed health benefits of spinach. So all you spinach fans out there, wait no more and start consuming spinach!
Just an alternative for those tied up with time ( if you don’t have the luxury of making the dough and waiting for it to chill in the refrigerator) or trying to watch your waistline.
This is my version of a guilt free crustless quiche and it’s so yummy. I like to think of it as an egg frittata and enjoy it for breakfast.
200g frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
1 medium red onion
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper (To taste)
1 tsp herbs ( Optional)
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese / emmental cheese
1) Preheat oven to 175deg Celcius while you prepare the other ingredients
2) Heat Olive oil in pan
3) Add onions and fry till soft and slightly brown
4) Add in spinach and salt and pepper to taste
5) In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, herbs, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese together
6) Add in spinach/ onion mixture into egg mixture and stir
7) In a baking dish, pour spinach mixture
8) Top with mozzarella / emmental cheese and bake till golden brown at the top for 30 mins.
9) Enjoy it nice and fresh out of the oven!
Pin it and share the love 🙂 #sherbakes