SPECULOOS or simply cookie butter fans you will not be disappointed with this cookie! Baked with just 3 ingredients ( Flour, egg and speculoos spread from your favourite brand), it’s no wonder that this can be whipped up in a few minutes.
I was hanging around in my kitchen, hands itchy to bake something and then I saw my answer. My speculoos spread seem to be pretty lonely, surrounded by all its peanut butter/ nutella friends, so I decided to bring it out of its misery and into somebody else’s pleasure.
This cookie is chewy and soft in nature and not the crunchy kind. But you can taste the strong speculoos in each bite. Most of the time, I eat my speculoos with a spoon right out of the jar but today I just felt like something different 😉
Ingredients ( Makes about 28 medium size cookies)- Recipe adapted from Kirbie
1 cup Speculoos spread ( I get them from Candy Empire- I swear by the Lotus brand)
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp flour
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg Celsius.
2. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth cookie dough forms. It will be a little sticky and oily but it dries up in the oven.
3. Roll about a tbsp of dough into a ball. Flatten it a little and place on baking sheet
4. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing two inches apart. Use a fork and press down on the cookie to create some sort of pattern.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cookies will spread and should no longer be wet and gooey. Let cookies completely cool on cookie sheets to firm up and set before removing and eating.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures