Today is Mothers’ Day- a day celebrated by many countries all over the world to recognise and honor Mothers. However, it is not the only day that I’m thankful for this precious person God has place in my life.
My Mum is Self Sacrificial
She believes in giving more than receiving
My Mum is a Blesser,
She uses her talents to bless the people around her
My Mum is Strong
She uses her love for the family to do things for us
My Mum is organized
She cleans up the house better than what you see at a showroom flat
On the day that I was born,
Thank you for enduring the hardship & labor pain
When I was growing up,
Thank you for the times where you took care of me,
Making sure you fed and clothe me with the best
When I was disobedient
Thank you for lecturing me & Straightening my paths
Though you may be the best critic,
you are also one of my strongest supporter
When I have a child of my own,
there’s no one or actions I would emulate except that of yours
Thank you for loving me when I least deserved it
You’re the one who can take the place of all others
But whose place no one else can take
Happy Mothers’ Day! I Love you!!
When I thought of what to bake for Mum. It came instantly like one, two, three. Mum eats Mangoes everyday and I think she eats 2 a day? So this cake is inspired by her favourite fruit.
I decided to go with a Mango Rose design for the top. It can be rather tedious slicing the mangoes up but it was well worth the efforts.
Mango Mousse cake (Makes 1 6″ Round cake)
Ingredients for Cake
3 egg yolks
30g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
80g cake flour, sifted
1/8 tsp cream of tar tar
3 egg whites
30g castor sugar
1) Preheat oven to 175C
2) Beat egg yolks with 30g castor sugar until pale and thick
3) Add in oil and beat
4) Add water then vanilla and beat till combine
5) Add flour in 3 additions
6) In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tar tar until frothy. Add sugar in 3 additions gradually and beat till soft peaks
7) Fold 1/3 egg white into egg yolk mixture
8) Fold remaining egg white into mixture.
9) Pour mixture in 3 separate 6″ Round tins ( I use 3 tins to bake my layers so it takes lesser time to bake).
10) Bake about 10-15mins.
Ingredients for Mango Mousse
1.5 tsp gelatin
1 tbsp boiling water
4oz mango puree ( i just blended fresh mangoes in a blender and sift out the juice wo the pulp) About 3/4 mango
3 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 cup cream, cold
1 mango, Cubed and diced ( To reserve for adding btw layers of cake)
1) Add 1 tbsp of boiling water to gelatin to soften. Stir until well mixed.
2) Whip cream with icing sugar untli soft peaks.
3) Add gelatin to mango puree and mix
4) Fold whipped cream into mango puree.
Cream cheese frosting ( To frost the sides of the cake and top) + Other decorations
75g cream cheese
Icing sugar ( To taste)
1 Mango, Sliced thinly ( For decorating the top of the cake- Mango Rose)
17 Ladyfinger Sponge Biscuits ( For decorating the sides of the cake)
1) Whip cream cheese with butter and icing sugar until fluffy. Add more icing sugar if you desire a sweeter frosting
Assemble the cake
1) Place one layer of cake into tin.
2) Add in a layer of mango mousse
3) Add some diced mangoes on top
4) Add another layer of mango mousse and spread it out
5) Add another cake layer and repeat stepes (2-4) ending with the last cake layer
6) Place in fridge to set for at least 2 hours
7) When cake has set, frost the sides and top of the cake with cream cheese
8) Add the sponge biscuits to the sides of the cake after you have spread the frosting so it sticks well
9) Pipe little blobs of cream cheese around the top of the cake
10) Add your sliced mangoes one by one , overlapping each other as you go in circles and finally ending in the middle.
ENJOY and Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @sherbakes should you attempt to try out the recipes.
A more visual video is posted below. Enjoy!!
Pin it and share the love: