I chanced upon Ecofleurs while searching for preserved flowers that would last past 1-2 weeks without dying. As it was a gift for someone special, I thought it would be more meaningful to buy something that actually last. Thank God for Ecofleurs, currently an e-shop that sells preserved flowers that last 1-2 years if properly maintained. They are currently my number one go to for pretty flowers now and I’m so thankful that they named this pretty bloombox after sherbakes. It’s called the Sherbakes Bloombox. If you like to view more of their collection, you can visit their facebook.
The next cake is baked specially for my Aunt’s birthday. I took some inspiration from the flower box and decided to incorporate this into the cake. The base cake is a cheesecake since my aunt is such a big fan of cheese. I decided to do some ombre layering on the otherwise plain white cake. BTW this is a non-baked cake, so it’s pretty easy to do the layering.
For the décor on the top, I piped small blobs of cream cheese frosting along the edge of the cake. Using the back of a spoon, press the blobs halfway and drag them into the centre of the cake making a teardrop effect. To finish the cake, I sprinkled some rose petals in the middle to represent the middle portion of a flower.
View the video below the blog post for a more visual tutorial.
Non Baked Cheesecake Recipe( Makes one 6″ Round tin):
Ingredients for crust base
50g digestive biscuits, crushed
20g melted butter
1) Crush digestive biscuits till fine
2) Melt butter in a saucepan
3) Add biscuits and mix till well coated
4) Press into lined tin and refrigerate while preparing your cheesecake filling
Ingredients for Cheesecake filling
250g Philadelphia cream cheese
70g castor sugar
1 tbsp vanilla paste
14g gelatin dissolved in 50ml hot water
200ml whipping cream
1) Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Set aside to cool
2) Beat Cream cheese with sugar until well combined
3) Add vanilla paste
4) Whip cream till soft peaks
5) Add cooled gelatin ( Should not be hot to touch) to cream cheese mixture and mix until combined
6) Fold in whipped cream.
7) Pour into prepared pan and set in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
ENJOY and Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @sherbakes should you attempt to try out the recipes.
Pin it On Pinterest 🙂 and Share the Love: