Time flies is an understatement. Look at where we are now. It’s already 21 days into 2016 and Chinese New Year is already approaching. Looking at all the CNY goodies laid out before me in the malls and at MRT stations is something I’ve learnt to accept. WAKE UP Christmas is over.
I met a group of friends the past weekend and one particular sentence struck me the most. It went something like this “ so how has everyone been this New Year “. Silence for a few seconds. I guess everyone was still processing what had happened the last 21 days.
And so I thought back to the things I did ( Minus work), life has been great. Birthday celebrations, Hen’s parties, Café Hopping, Meet ups and the best part- planning for my overseas trip.
It’s always good to start the year by traveling. It’s not necessary but it definitely helps boost your spirits for what is to come ahead. Before I leave this space empty for a few weeks, I would like to share this basic banana cake recipe that is so simple to make. I’ve made this a couple of times before but I will re-post it again with the addition of poppy seeds 🙂
Fluffy and Light Banana Poppy Seed Cake ( Makes about 6 Mini loafs)
100g castor sugar
30g brown sugar
200g Mashed Bananas
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
2 tbsp poppyseeds
1/4 tsp Banana essence ( Optional)
1) Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2) Grease and line 6 mini loafs. ( I like to bake them in these mini loafs because they are perfect as little gifts to friends)
3) Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together.
4) Whisk eggs, sugar & banana at high speed till stiff about 10 mins
5) Fold in flour & mix until combined.
6) Add in oil and mix till batter is shiny & flowing.
7) Spoon batter into your mini loaf until 3/4 the height of the loaf . Do not top the loaf too full because the batter will rise when baking.
8) Bake for 25-35 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
* If you’re looking for a little Nutella or Speculoos swirl in your banana cake, I have this version here.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures