Christmas is slowly but surely approaching. Let the countdown begin. Chocolate cakes have always been my soft spot. It’s those rich and dark ones that take the cake.
They form a special place in my heart because I just love chocolates so much, I actually eat them everyday! This flourless chocolate cake is so decadent because chocolate comprises quite a large qty of the ingredients. The best part is there’s no flour!! It’s flourless and yet so delicious.
The best time to enjoy and share the love is by baking these delicious cakes during this joyous season. I decorated these cakes by piping lines using a circle piping tip, sprinkling some snow powder ( Not icing sugar as they would melt into the frosting or wet cake when it condenses). Of course nothing is complete without some Santa and Christmas tree toppers. Wheeeee…
Chocolate Flourless Cake (Adapted from my favourite Blogger/Writter/Chef David Lebovitz)
Makes 8″ Square cake
290g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
200g unsalted butter, cubed
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1) Preheat the oven to 175C
2) Butter a 8″ Square tin and wrap foil on the outside of tin
3) Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat.
4) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar
5) Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until smooth.
6) Pour the batter into the tin and cover the top of the tin with a sheet of foil. Put the tin into a larger baking pan and add enough hot water to the baking pan to come about halfway up to the outside of the cake tin.
7) Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8) Let the cake cool completely.
9) Use a dental floss to cut through the cake to get clean neat slices. Cake totally melts in your mouth.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures