Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich. Certainly not me. A true cheese lover will get the tiniest bit of excitement just by seeing the long strand of cheese pulling away from their mouth. Now that’s something to die for. It is that ooze factor that gets everyone (whether you’re a photographer, foodie or blogger) snapping away at every angle. Simple to make but yet so sexyyy.
I’ve experimented with different cheeses to determine which would taste best in a grilled cheese sandwich. The first time I used Mozzarella with Monterey Jack ( A semi-hard cheese made from cow’s milk). The second time I used red and mild cheddar together with Monterey Jack. I find that the saltiness of the cheddar does bring out the cheese flavor even more. Not surprising because cheddar is one of the more commonly used cheese in a grilled sandwich.
– 2 slices of your favourite bread
– Cheese ( Cheddar and Monterey Jack)
– 2 slices of apple honey ham
1) Butter 2 slices of bread on one side
2) Heat a medium frying pan and add a knob of butter
3) When pan is hot, place 1 slice of bread ( butter side) down in pan. Top with Cheddar cheese. BE GENEROUS!
4) Add your two slices of ham on top of cheese.
5) Sprinkle more Monterey Jack Cheese on top of ham.
6) Cover with the other slice of bread. When the bottom of bread has turned crusty golden, flip bread and heat other side until golden.
7) Slice and enjoy your 2 mins of heaven.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in cooking adventures