Care for something salty, creamy? Here’s a fusion between Japanese and Italian- the Mentaiko pasta. I have not chanced upon anyone who isn’t in love with Mentaiko. It’s the kind of pasta I would order right off the menu if I chance upon it.
Pasta is quite an easy dish to whip up especially if you already have something in mind. This is a fairly simple dish to whip up- playing solely on the Mentaiko.
Added a few seared scallops and cherry tomatoes for taste and color 🙂
Enough Spaghetti for 4 pax
1 cup cream
2 tablespoons butter ( For Pasta sauce)
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic
2 sacs of Mentaiko
10 Cherry tomatoes ( Sliced into half)
1 tbsp butter (For scallops)
Pepper and Salt (to taste)
Nori seaweed for garnish
1) Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on both sides of scallop
2) Add a knob of butter and a tbsp of oil into a saute pan and heat on high
3) Once pan is hot, add scallops and sear 2mins on each side. Set aside
4) Heat pot of water with salt. When water is boiling, add pasta and cook till al dente. Drain and set aside.
5) Remove the Mentaiko from their sacs and mix in a little cream.
6) Melt 2 tbsp of butter and fry the onion until soft
7) Add the garlic and fry until fragrant
8) Add the cream then Mentaiko
9) Remove from heat and mix in the pasta and cherry tomatoes
10) Top with seaweed and seared scallops and serve immediately.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in cooking adventures