After having my first taste of PF Chang’s dynamite shrimps, I was hooked. Seriously hooked. There’s something about that sticky sauce coating the prawns that makes it all the more so addictive. It’s a speciality there so much so that every table ordered it.
Today I attempt to recreate this addictive appetizer. Sriracha was the first item I identified because it had a spicy, sourish taste to it. Even if it wasn’t the case, how bad could sriracha as part of a sauce taste. So here’s my version. It might not be the real deal but at least, it’s enough to satisfy me from my cravings.
– 15 large prawns, peeled and deveined
– Salt and pepper
– 1/2 cup mayo
-3 tsp or more sriracha ( If you like yours spicy like I do, feel free to add more)
– 1/2 tsp sesame oil
-1 tsp rice vinegar
1) Heat a pan of oil over medium heat.
2) Season prawns with salt and pepper
3) Dip prawns into egg and coat thoroughly with cornflour
4) When oil is hot, fry prawns one each side for 1.5 min
5) Remove from heat and place on paper towel to drain the oil
6) Prepare sauce by mixing mayo, sriracha, sesame oil and vinegar. Taste and add more sriracha if a spicier sauce is desired.
7) Coat prawns with sauce and serve hot.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in cooking adventures