Thanks Jen for sharing this mouthwatering Nutella cheesecake. I was first drawn by the video being shared on facebook. The power of social media lets you share, comment and like. Multiply them by 3 for everyone that shares the video and you get a massive number of viewers.
It’s amazing what wonders you can do with such a common breakfast/ pantry staple- The Humble Nutella. Nutella stole my heart and took over my Instagram page for a week. There are endless possibilities when it comes to Nutella. If you follow my blog, I did a Nutella tart before this and a couple more Nutella related dessert. Recipe for my super delicious No Bake Nutella Tart --> (Click here)
This time round, I baked a Nutella Cheesecake for my Aunt’s 70th birthday! You have to close one eye on the amount of Nutella that goes into this recipe. But fear not, sharing is always a good idea! Sharing is caring. Especially when it comes to fats
The original recipe by Jen (Bakedbyanintrovert) makes a 9” cake. I don’t like to make huge cakes unless baking for orders or when I’m bring something to a large party. Most of the time, I rather make a cake that sufficiently feeds everyone. So 6” cake it is. I had to scale down the ingredients for this.
Nutella Cheesecake ( Makes 1 6" Round cake)
Ingredients7 digestive biscuits, crushed
3 tbsp melted butter
375g Philadelphia cream cheese
3/8 cup heavy cream
3/8 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1) Mix Digestive biscuits and melted butter until the biscuit sticks together. Press into the base of a 6” round tin with removable bottom and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
2) Preheat oven to 150 Degree Celcius
3) In a large mixing bowl, Beat the cream cheese, sugar and whipping cream with a mixer until smooth and fluffy.
4) Add the vanilla and salt and beat on low speed until combined
5) Add in Nutella and beat until well combined
6) Using a spatula, stir in lightly beaten eggs until incorporated
7) Pour the batter over the prepared crust pan
8) Place a dish filled with hot water on the bottom rack of the oven ( To create a water bath environment when baking) Alternatively you can wrap the 6” tin with aluminium foil and place the tin in a bigger dish and fill the sides up with boiling water)
9) Bake for 1 hour
10) Switch off oven after 1 hour and leave cheesecake in the oven for another 1 hour.
11) Refrigerate until cool or overnight
For the Glaze
¼ cup Cream
1) Boil Cream
2) Pour cream over Nutella and stir until smooth
3) Remove the cake from the tin
4) Pour the Nutella glaze over the cake and let it drip down the sides of the cake.
5) The glaze is pretty shiny and you will be able to see your reflection in it.
6) Let it set in refrigerator until ready to consume.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations :)