To take a break from baking this Christmas is a statement that is easier said than done. No baker can resist staying away from the kitchen as much as she proclaims she/he will. That baker is none other than yours truly.
Whipping up a mess in the kitchen and churning out Christmas cakes and desserts is actually quite a joy and something to look forward too after a long day at work. It takes off some steam honestly.
Chocolate Cheesecake ( Makes 1 round 5” cake)
125g Philadelphia cream cheese
3 egg yolks (Each whole egg weighs 60g)
35g castor sugar
50 ml milk
120g Dark chocolate
30g cake flour
1/8 tsp salt
3 egg whites (Each whole egg weighs 60g)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
35g castor sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Top and bottom heat, no fan force)
2. Spray 5in x 3in cake pan with non-stick spray, line bottom with baking paper
3. Whisk cream cheese and chocolate till smooth over a warm water bath
4. Add egg yolks and whisk till combined
5. Add 70g sugar and whisk
6. Warm milk and butter over stove and add into batter
7. Add vanilla and salt and whisk till combined.
8. Remove from water bath, sift flour and fold into mixture
9. Whisk whites at low speed till foamy
10. Add cream of tartar and beat at high speed till bubbles become very small but still visible
11. Gradually add sugar and beat till just before soft peaks
12. Fold whites into batter 1/3 at a time
13. Pour into cake pan and tap the pan on the counter to release air bubbles
14. Baked the cake at 200 degree C for 8mins. After the 12min mark, I placed an aluminium foil quickly over the top of the cake to prevent it from browning too much and baked until the 1 min mark. Then I lowered the temperature to 160 deg C and baked another 18 mins more. After that switch off the oven and leave cake in for another 25 mins. After that open door slightly and let cake to cool 10 more mins. I find that the golden brown color of the cake was just nice. Feel free to experiment with your oven temperature. )
What’s everyone baking this Christmas? With just 5 days away, try and surprise that special someone or your close friends with some homemade goodies. Feel free to check out my top Dessert and DIY Christmas recipes in the link below for some inspirations.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thank you guys for reading my blog and supporting me always.
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations :)