Oh Gosh. This homemade apple sauce is so good. Maybe because I’m bias and love apples so much. No but I really think this is a yummy apple sauce. So good that it will be a sin not to share the recipe. Plus it's baby friendly
My aunt use to stew them for me. She uses granny smith apples , adds a little nutmeg, cinnamon and a dash of salt and cooks them till “al dente” - a little bite to it. It goes really really well as a topping for frozen yogurt, greek yogurt, cereal and toast. More often than not, I usually enjoy them off the spoon- like how I enjoy my peanut butter and random spreads lurking round the house.
I made a batch with the sole intention of baking some sugarfree cupcakes. But they later became a topping in addition to being part of the ingredients.
Here's a very, very easy recipe for the applesauce! It can be whipped up in 15mins and stored in the fridge until further use.
Unsweetened applesauce recipe (Makes 1 cup)
Ingredients3 medium apples ( Granny smith if you want a more tart sauce or red for sweeter sauce)
1/4- 1/2 cup water
1) Remove core of apple and peel off the skin ( I usually don't because of the vitamins but if you're considering feeding your young baby, you can remove them).
2) Cut into small cubes
3) In a medium saucepan, boil apples and water until apples are soft
4) Blitz in a food processor until smooth.
5) Store in an airtight container/ mason jar and keep up till a week.
6) Enjoy with your favourite yogurt, fruit, cereals, toast ANYTHING!
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations :)