Since life is too short, always indulge in things you like. Hahas. Correction. (Indulge With exercise). So why all that talk about white rice? Because I found a perfect alternative to rice- the humble quinoa that I particularly grew fond of (Read more about the amazing benefits of quinoa in my previous blog post). It has the perfect texture to it and coupled with all those yummy salad ingredients, it’s like a match made in heaven.
Mushroom & Caramelized onions, red pepper quinoa ( Serves 2).
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 200g brown button mushrooms, sliced ( Or whatever mushrooms you like). You can add more if you like.
- Salt and pepper (To taste)
- Dried herbs ( Oregano, thyme, mixed herbs etc- optional)
- Truffle sauce ( Optional)
1) Boil water in a medium saucepan
2) Rinse quinoa
3) When water is boiling, add quinoa and cook for 15-20min until fluffy. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the ingredients.
4) Heat a little olive oil in pan
5) Add onions and red pepper and fry till soft. Add salt and pepper to taste
6) Add mushrooms and cook till soft. Add truffle sauce
7) Throw in the cooked quinoa and mix well to combine.
8) Serve warm
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations :)