Anyway whoever came up with that name is rather genius. Lets make some zooodless because it’s so zoolicious. If you have not tried Zucchini Noodles! Oh boy you are missing out much. Part of the fun comes in making them. The other half eating them and “pretending” you are enjoying a plate of low carb healthy pasta.
To get those nice wavy zoodles, you can either use a spiralizer, a peeler or a mandolin. I did mine using a peeler and it turned out great After getting my zoodles all nice and peeled, the next question that beckons was what sauce or ingredients to pair this with? I started scouring the net for recipes and noticed that people actually pair them the same way as when they cook pasta.
I saw one zoodles with Bolognese meat sauce, another pesto based, one with cherry tomatoes and olive oil but what got me drooling was this amazing photo of Lindsay’s creamy corn zoodles. Maybe it wasn’t the idea of corn that enticed me but rather how creamy the entire dish looked. Almost akin to a plate of carbonara. Bookmarked, snapshot! Within a few days I made my very own so here it is.
Oh btw Thanks Elline for encouraging me to make my own. Your zoodles post on Instagram got me started on this.
Creamy Corn Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)- Enough to feed 2-3 pax (Inspired by Lindsay from pinchofyum)
3 zucchinis, shredded
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
a few tablespoons of chopped onion (Optional)- I omitted this
4 fresh sweet corn
½ cup chicken broth, milk, water,
pinch of salt, to taste
1) Heat the butter or olive oil over medium heat.
2) Add the corn kernels and saute for 5-10 minutes until soft and roasted.
3) Transfer to a blender or food processor and add the liquid. Puree until very smooth if you like creamy or just a little ( if you like a little bite to your corn).
4) In the same pan, add a tbsp of olive oil and saute the zoodles for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
5) Add the corn sauce and toss to combine, adding extra liquid as needed to loosen the sauce. Add salt and pepper and herbs (to taste).
6) Sit back, read a book and enjoy your healthy "noodles"
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations :)