I hope you didn’t expect a Pandan Gula Melaka cake. Haha becoz your beloved wife said it was Borrring when I suggested it so she recommended a lemon tart.
Lemon Tart ( Makes 1 5" Round tart + 2 mini 2" Tarts)
Ingredients for crust:
125g all purpose flour
35g icing sugar
63g butter, cold and cubed
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp zest
1) In a food processor, pulse flour and icing sugar until well mixed
2) Add in cold butter and pulse until mixture becomes crumbly
3) Add in zest and egg yolks and pulse till mixture comes together. If mixture is too dry, add in a little water to bind the dough till it comes into a ball.
4) Flatten dough and wrap with cling wrap
5) Refrigerate for 30mins to 1hr to set the dough
Ingredients for Lemon Filling:
25ml lemon juice
1 1/4 eggs
35g castor sugar
38ml whipping cream
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1) In a mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, eggs, castor sugar and whipping cream until well mixed
2) Sieve mixture
3) Stir in lemon zest
Assembly of Tart:
1) Preheat oven to 160C.
2) Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface. I like to roll them between 2 pieces of cling wrap.
3) Press gently into tin and trim off excess pastry.
4) Use a fork to prick bottom of pastry with holes and return to fridge to set another 30 mins.
5) When dough is set, line the tart with foil and fill with rice or weights and bake for 10 mins
6) Remove tart from oven and remove the foil and bake for another 20 mins until lightly golden.
7) Remove from oven and pour in lemon filling and bake for another 25-30 mins until just set
8) Remove from oven and cool completely.