I will ferrero love you with all my heart. Yes I will- especially anything that screams chocolate. There is just too many ferrero rocher chocolate distraction in the house that it’s time to do something about it.
I’ve decided to pair my favourite banana cake again with rocher. Bananaachocolatarocher- what’s not to like. I thought of a million and one ideas on how I want my cake to turn out. It’s like playing dress up. What should I wear to work today…. Hmm how about tmr…. Hmm today is casual Friday, let me wear something funky and colorful because it’s a happy day. Sometimes you are spoilt with choices that make decision making extremely difficult.
Eventually, I decided on an overall blend of white and black- similar to a marbling effect. Frosting wise, I decided to go with a white vanilla bean buttercream and dark chocolate ganache. The base cake is banana. If you’ll like to try my banana cake recipe, please refer to the link here. otherwise, feel free to use your favorite cake recipe.
1) You'll need a frosted and set cake for the drizzle. Make sure the cake is cool ( I put mine to set 10 min in the freezer while preparing the drizzle).
3) Decorate base of cake with chocolate shavings
4) Pipe chocolate and vanilla bean frosting around the top of the cake for decoration. I use a Wilton 4B Open star tip.
And for the final touches. Nothing beats more melted chocolate spooned on top of the cake :)
Fluffy and Light Banana Cake
100g castor sugar
30g brown sugar
200g Mashed Bananas
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Banana essence ( Optional)
1) Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2) Grease and line 3 6" round tins.
3) Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together.
4) Whisk eggs, sugar & banana at high speed till stiff about 10 mins
5) Fold in flour & mix until combined.
6) Add in oil and mix till batter is shiny & flowing.
7) Bake for 25-35 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe for White Chocolate Drizzle
100g white Wilton Candy melts
30g heavy whipping cream
color gel ( If you want a drizzle that is not white)
1) Heat cream till just boil
2) Pour over candy melts and mix till well combined
3) Let cool a little ( You don't want the super heated drizzle to melt the frosting on your cake)
4) Pour a little into a squeeze bottle and leave the remainder in a bowl
Share the love by pinning on Pininterest or visiting @Sherbakes on instagram to view more of my creations :)