And so I thought back to the things I did ( Minus work), life has been great. Birthday celebrations, Hen’s parties, Café Hopping, Meet ups and the best part- planning for my overseas trip.
Fluffy and Light Banana Poppy Seed Cake ( Makes about 6 Mini loafs)
100g castor sugar
30g brown sugar
200g Mashed Bananas
150g cake flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
2 tbsp poppyseeds
1/4 tsp Banana essence ( Optional)
1) Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
2) Grease and line 6 mini loafs. ( I like to bake them in these mini loafs because they are perfect as little gifts to friends)
3) Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together.
4) Whisk eggs, sugar & banana at high speed till stiff about 10 mins
5) Fold in flour & mix until combined.
6) Add in oil and mix till batter is shiny & flowing.
7) Spoon batter into your mini loaf until 3/4 the height of the loaf . Do not top the loaf too full because the batter will rise when baking.
8) Bake for 25-35 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
* If you're looking for a little Nutella or Speculoos swirl in your banana cake, I have this version here.
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures