I always love the idea of Dominique Ansel’s cookie shots filled with milk. It’s a brilliant idea to enjoy both milk + cookie. So i decided to make my very own version with chocolate ganache instead.
If you are wondering what they are, they are cookie cups with a creamy chocolate ganache filling. Rather than using cupcakes to contain the filling, I made use of edible cookie cups.. The cookie cups are made from the usual cookie dough recipe . I baked them in the oven for 14 mins. Be sure to make an indentation in the middle for the filling.
Smooth rich chocolate ganache- don't you just wanna take a spoon and dig in.
Swirl swirl swirl away
These cookies are best eaten at Room temperature. The cookie would harden if placed in the fridge.
- 130g cake flour
-120g plain flour
-3/4tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-130g castor sugar
-100g brown sugar
-142g unsalted butter, RT
-220g chocolate chips, 56%
1) Preheat oven to 170 deg C
2) Sift flour, baking powder, soda, salt in a medium bowl and set aside
3) In a separate bowl beat butter with brown and castor sugar until light and fluffy.
4) Add vanilla and egg and mix well till combined
5) Add flour and mix till just combined
6) Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set or overnight
7) Take about 28g of batter and roll them into a ball. Press them down and up the sides of a cupcake tray ( Form a cup with an indentation in the middle).
8) Bake for 14-16 min until cookie cup has turned golden brown. Let cool in tray before taking them out
Recipe for Chocolate ganache
- 260g choc, 56%
- 1 cup cream
1) Boil cream
2) Measure 260g of choc into a bowl and set aside
3) Pour cream on chocolate and let sit for 5mins before stirring to combine.
4) Leave ganache until it cools and thickens for piping. ( I usually put it in the refrigerator to set for awhile)
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures