Presenting to you Teee Specttaaaculaarrr Speeeccuuloos Cheesecake! It's finger Licking yummy and better than KFC. This cake was baked specially for my aunt's birthday. She really loves cheesecake so what better way to incorporate this cookie into her favourite kind of cake.
Maybe I'm bias or something but this cake is out of this world. 3/4 of the speculoos spread went into it. The base is made out of speculoos brown butter crumble, on it goes a layer of melted speculoos spread, followed by a whipped cheese filling of Philly cream cheese, more cookie crumbles and a drizzle of speculoos sauce. To top the damn thing is more cookie crumbles and a generous drizzle of speculoos sauce. Talk about overload and my obsession with Speculoos. THIS IS IT!.
Recipe ( Makes one 6" round tin)
- 6-8 packets of lotus biscuits ( Or MOREEEEE)
- 3/4 jar of Speculoos spread
- 250g cream cheese
-200ml whipping cream
- 60g of caster sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter
To make the cookie base:
1) Crush 5 packets of lotus biscuits till fine
2) Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a pan until golden brown. Add crushed lotus biscuits and stir until they tend to stick together
3) Pour into tin and press firmly until they tend to stick together and form a crust. Refrigerate.
4) Microwave 1/4 jar of speculoos spread until its of liquid consistency. Drizzle some onto crust and refrigerate to set. Save the remaining for the filling and topping.
To make the cream cheese filling:
1) Crush 2-3 packets of lotus biscuits ( I like them in bigger chunks to add to the filling)
2) Beat Cream cheese with caster sugar until well combined.
3) Add 1/2 jar of speculoos spread ( you can add more or less depending how strong you want the speculoos taste. I usually taste my batter as i whip). Set aside.
4) Whip cream till soft peaks and fold into above cream cheese batter.
5) Fold in the big chunks of lotus biscuits and drizzle some of the spread in the batter. Sprinkle some cookie bits on top of the cake and leave to set in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
6) After the cake has set. Drizzle some melted cookie spread on the top and viola enjoy!
* Texture of the cake is more mousse like ( Melts in the mouth).
Do comment in the post below or tag me on Instagram: @sherbakes if you attempt your very own. Would love to share your joy in baking adventures